Monday, September 6, 2010

End of Summer T-Dance

OK, I know it's a picture of an Absolut bottle mirror ball and this is a wine blog. But, really, it is so very much more.

And today's T-Dance was so much more than just another wine event. Rather, we were celebrating (or despairing over) the impending end of summer and we thought it would be a blast to bring back one the icons of the 80's - at least my 80's - the T-Dance (or afternoon cocktail party, hopefully with non-stop dancing and pure fun). Indeed the 80's were more of a beer or Cosmopolitan kind of time for me. So, the Absolut kinda fit the occasion - particularly since we had the cooler filled to the brim with Cosmos.

I don't think we reached a definitive answer to the question posed during the afternoon; however, it seems that Madonna still has a bit higher of a perch over Lady Gaga when it comes to musical icons. It was grand fun to see that no single song seems to pack a dance floor like It's Raining Men - still.

Nowadays, there's not much of a chance that you'll find a wine-free event at our place. So, luckily, whether I was several Cosmo's to the wind or not, there was some wine to be had - and added to The List. I only partook in two wines myself, but I'd hate to have to pass on taking advantage of such an event altogether.

586. N.V. Sokol Blosser Meditrina 6 (Oregon State - US) (being modeled - and sampled - by Desmond and Lily.)


587. 2009 Sacred Hill Sauvignon Blanc (Marlborough - New Zealand)

Since this entry is still in the pre-vacation speed phase, I can't take the time to talk any more about the wines. But, with any luck, I'll be able to come back and flesh out the entry a bit down the road (after our road trip, that is).

In the mean time, keep on dancing - and sipping.

No comments:

Post a Comment