Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Politically Up the Creek?

Being the opinionated gent that I am, I've found myself in one or two politically heated morasses over the years. Accordingly, I do my best to try and hold my tongue when discussions start heading off in that direction - particularly if there's been a fair bit of wine flowing. I find it's best to just agree to disagree.

I don't think the following picture is doing much to disguise my reaction to the Conservative majority government that was elected tonight though - especially since I should confirm that it's not the wine that's leaving a sour taste in my mouth.

793. 2003 Tinhorn Creek Merlot (VQA Okanagan Valley)

There was no particular reason for grabbing the Tinhorn Creek tonight. Had I been trying to soften the election results - which were rather predictable - I'd likely have reached for the vodka. After all, if life hands you lemons, go grab the vodka.

I can sense that I'm not going to easily get out of the quagmire I'm creating for myself here. A simple discussion about Tinhorn or the Merlot seems rather out of sorts - and trying to reconcile the wine with some witty, political repartee (like a middle-of-the-road, popular drink) is a bit far fetched. So, I think I'll simply leave the posting as it is. After all, there are some Tinhorn Creeks wines already added to The List and you could always look back at those entries for a little more info on winemaker, Sandra Oldfield, and the winery.

In the meantime, I have a feeling that I might be opening a few more bottles of wine to address the Canadian political situation over the next four years.

No comments:

Post a Comment