Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Back to Back Bantam

177. 2007 Red Rooster Bantam (VQA - Okanagan)

So why two vintages of Bantam in just a couple of days? You might well ask.

Boo and I recently received our case of wine from Red Rooster in appreciation of our being adoptive parents of a row of grapes. Accordingly, we have a bit of Red Rooster in the house. I've mentioned in a previous post that I think the winery's Adopt-A-Row program is a stroke of marketing brilliance. Success has its side effects however. An acquaintance of our's has tried to become a doting parent as well, but I understand they currently have a waiting list to adopt (much like it is in the world of adopting a child, I suppose).

I believe I mentioned in that earlier post that our row of vines is actually the Malbec grape - so, there isn't any of "our progeny" in this bottle. I don't even recall seeing what varietals did go into the Bantam blend for 2007. It has changed over the years, but it remains a thoroughly pleasing summer sipper. This bottle was just that much fresher than the 2005 at Monte's Yacht Club BBQ - regardless of the fact that we didn't have the marvelous scenery to go with it this time around.

I wouldn't mind seeing what grapes did go into this vintage. We thought it was a keeper. Good thing we have another couple of bottles. Too bad I can't add the same vintage to The List.

No comments:

Post a Comment