Sunday, July 6, 2014

Dinner with Belisles

Auntie El and the girls were in town briefly and they dropped by for cocktails before we all headed out for dinner.

1669.  N.V. Sacchetto Prosecco (Prosecco DOC - Italy)

1670.  2010 Layer Cake Shiraz (South Australia)



I don't think that they'd be upset - or that anyone would be alarmed - if I said that my aunt and the cousins are famously fussy when it comes to deciding on a menu. As such, we opted for pizza and Italian. We always know that they'll be something that they can dig into whole-heartedly.

1671.  2012 Luigi Bosca - Finca La Linda Cabernet Sauvignon (Mendoza - Argentina)

Their palates aren't nearly as limited when it comes to having a sip. While I may well serve up something that's totally new to them - like the Aperol and Prosecco aperitif - they're pretty much open to wines of all bents. There's a definite preference for whites on my aunt's part but I can accept that. No problem. In fact, I'm known to have downed a few bottles of white wine myself over the years.

No comments:

Post a Comment