Thursday, August 16, 2012

Wine Bloggers' Conference 12

As if I need another distraction to keep me from catching up with all the bottles I still have to blog and add to The List! Here I am spending an extended weekend in Portland to check out all things wine and, hopefully, meet some of the interesting bloggers who's posts I continually run across online.

There have been Wine Bloggers' Conferences since 2007 and I've wanted to attend one ever since I first learned about the one that was held in Walla Walla, Washington, back in 2010. I wasn't able to attend that one, nor last year's in Virginia, but here I am ready to cool off from the heat wave that's currently blasting away in Oregon with a glass or two - whether it's white, red, rosé or bubble.

What with all the "fun" we've been having at home lately, it wasn't even clear that I'd make it down to Portland. I couldn't make it down in time to take in any of the pre-Conference winery tours today, but at least the timing worked out in the end to take in the main weekend - and neither Vancouver rush hour, nor backed up Massey Tunnel, nor zealous border guard or snail paced Seattle Expressway proved enough to prevent my eventual arrival in Portland.

The schedule promises to be jam-packed and it all gets under way in a couple of hours. In the mean time, I thought I'd get started with an initial post over a glass of Oregon winery, Sokol Blosser's, white blend, Evolution. Just a nice little way to start things off.

I just hope that I'm not going to be tested or graded on the number or the quality of my posts. I'd hate to be banned from any future conferences - especially since WBC13 is going to be held in the Okanagan Valley and I can play home-boy to all the folks I meet this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment