Monday, August 22, 2011

Wine Bloggers Conference

Despite my continual complaints about how much time I'm spending at the computer with this little Wine Odyssey - way more time than I ever anticipated - I still wouldn't consider myself anywhere close to being a truly serious blogger or wine commentator. I have to keep the regular job - if only to afford all the wine - and this escapade is still meant to be a fun little pastime for me.

I've seen a couple of references and articles about a gathering of like-minded souls (or lushes as the case may be) - the Wine Bloggers Conference - and it's definitely piqued my interest. In 2010, the event was held not too far from here, in Walla Walla Washington, and the 2011 conference recently finished up in Charlottesville, Virginia. Timing and distance prevented my attendance at either of those get-togethers, but I'm going to try and organize schedules so that I can make it to the next two.

This year's conference announced that everyone will be meeting up again from Aug 17 - 19, 2012 in Portland, Oregon for the 5th Annual North American Wine Bloggers Conference. That's rather exciting in itself, but they also announced the location for 2013 and it's going to be held right in our Okanagan Valley at Penticton, BC. I can't really ask for much more in the way of convenience - short of being held in Vancouver itself.

Seeing as how I've just passed bottle #900 on The List, I'm almost half way on this journey of mine to 2001 Wines. By the time 2013 rolls around, I'm hoping to be almost in the home stretch. I think it only makes sense, however, to try and get my feet wet with this gang well in advance if I can. Lord knows, I'm a babe in the woods when it comes to Oregon wines as well.

I dare say that there may just be some enjoyment to be found in three days of educational and networking sessions. Count me in!

No comments:

Post a Comment