Saturday, January 8, 2011

Another Forbidden Fruit

Hey Eve. Ready for another little Forbidden Fruit? We've done some Pear and some Plum, what else is there in that bag of tricks of your's?

Adam, if I've told you once, I've told you Lord how many times. The next one to try is the Apple.

703. N.V. Forbidden Fruit Adam's Apple (Similkameen Valley)

Having recently opened one of the winery's new(ish) grape wines (the Sauv Blanc at #666), I thought it might be worth going back to one of the fruit wines that they are better known for. We were having shrimp and pineapple fried rice and I figured it could handle a fruitier wine - like truly fruitier. The Adam's Apple is actually a blend of six different varieties of apple - all of which are organically grown in the Similkameen Valley. It is also one of only three fruit wines that Forbidden Fruit makes as table wines that tend to a dry finish.

I found it interesting that this was a non-vintage bottling. I seem to recall their table wines as being vintage in the past. I'm not sure what the story is with this bottling.

I must admit, however, that when it comes to me and apples, nothing beats the apple juice that Boo's Mom used to press every Fall. You certainly know that this wine is more than reminiscent of apples, but it wasn't as fresh and sweet as pure juice, nor was it as tangy as hard cider. I think, for me, the winery's strength still lies with its dessert wines.

This might just be one apple that may not tempt me enough to get me into more trouble than I generally find myself in now.

No comments:

Post a Comment